- Sjogren's Syndrome: Dry Mouth Symptoms And Treatment
Sjogren's Syndrome: Dry Mouth Symptoms And Treatment
Dry Mouth is a condition which, if left untreated, can cause severe suffering among people who have it. The causes for Dry Mouth are not always clear, but it is important to try to troubleshoot the condition with your doctor and to try to find the cause if possible. One of the causal factors of Dry Mouth is an autoimmune disorder affecting various organs of the body known as Sjogren's Syndrome.
About Sjogren's Syndrome
Sjogren's Syndrome is a common cause of Dry Mouth. It is a disorder of the autoimmune system which destroys the glands which produce tears and saliva. This is what causes Dry Mouth for people with this disorder. The condition may affect other parts of the body, including the kidneys and lungs. For this reason, it is a good idea to check with your primary care physician as to whether or not you have Sjogren's-related Dry Mouth.
Symptoms Of Dry Mouth Associated with Sjogren's Syndrome
Some of the symptoms of Dry Mouth include:
- Dry feeling in the mouth, throat, or lips
- Frequent thirst
- Sores in the mouth or tongue
- Problems speaking, tasting, chewing, or swallowing
- Persistent hoarseness or dry nasal passages
No matter what the causes of your Dry Mouth, you want relief and you want it every day. For some people, the following lifestyle changes and other DIY home remedies have proven to alleviate some of the symptoms causing Dry Mouth:
- Avoiding spicy or hot foods
- Using a flavorless toothpaste
- Staying hydrated with plenty of water
- Breathing through your nose as much as possible
- Using a room vaporizer to add moisture to the bedroom air
- Sucking on sugar-free sweets or chewing sugarless gum
About Xylimelts For Dry Mouth
If none of the above DIY solutions seem to work for you, you may need to resort to a more aggressive form of treatment. One of the easy to obtain solutions is XyliMelts oral adhering discs. They slowly dissolve, releasing 500 mg of xylitol and oral lubricant. They solve the problem during the day and, because they adhere, can be used while sleeping. When used overnight, they allow you to wake to fewer Dry Mouth symptoms. They are available at local pharmacies or can be ordered online at www.oracoat.com. XyliMelts discs have brought relief to many Dry Mouth sufferers, including those with Sjogren's Syndrome.
This site is not meant to offer medical advice, but only to give general information on the various causes, symptoms, and treatments available for Dry Mouth. It is important that you consult with your doctor, in order to find out what is causing your Dry Mouth, and discuss a reliable form of treatment for your Dry Mouth condition. We hope this information will prove helpful to you in seeking relief from Dry Mouth due to Sjogren’s Disease.
- Symptoms of Xerostomia / Dry Mouth
- Common Causes of Dry Mouth
- Bad Breath / Halitosis Symptoms
- Xylitol & Bad Breath Treatment
- Morning Breath
- Treat Dry Mouth from Diabetes
- Treat Dry Mouth from CPAP Machine Use
- Cancer Treatment and Dry Mouth
- Mouth Sores Treatment & Causes
- Mouth Ulcer Treatment: Q&A