- OraCoat XyliMelts Rated Most Effective by Dentists*
OraCoat XyliMelts Rated Most Effective by Dentists*
CR Foundation* conducted a survey of dentists regarding their usage experiences with seven types of non-prescription remedies for dry mouth. 1168 dentists responded and rated the types of remedies that they had experience with as: very effective, moderately effective, slightly effective, or ineffective. 19.3% of them (225) reported usage experience with oral patches/melts. Of those 225, 152 identified the brand of patches/melts that they had experience with as OraCoat XyliMelts for Dry Mouth. 18.7% identified another brand and 16.0% did not identify a specific brand.
Of the 152 respondents who reported experience with OraCoat XyliMelts as a remedy for dry mouth, 9.2% reported that OraCoat XyliMelts were very effective. This is a higher percentage than for any of the other non-prescription remedies. Confirming this relative ranking, more of the 152 respondents rated OraCoat XyliMelts as very effective or moderately effective (59.2%) than any other non-prescription remedy.
*OTC Management of Dry Mouth, by Jeff Burgess. DDS MSD, Director of Oral Care Research Associates
- Symptoms of Xerostomia / Dry Mouth
- Common Causes of Dry Mouth
- Bad Breath / Halitosis Symptoms
- Xylitol & Bad Breath Treatment
- Morning Breath
- Treat Dry Mouth from Diabetes
- Treat Dry Mouth from CPAP Machine Use
- Cancer Treatment and Dry Mouth
- Mouth Sores Treatment & Causes
- Mouth Ulcer Treatment: Q&A