Patch May Help Heal Canker Sores – Patch Tames Inflammation With Licorice Extract
March 22, 2007 — A new over-the-counter patch may help canker sores heal faster.
Scientists (including the patch’s inventor) announced that news today in New Orleans at the 85th general session of the International Association for Dental Research.
The researchers studied 46 adults with recurrent canker sores, also called recurrent aphthous ulcers.
Half of the patients received the patches, which the researchers say contain licorice extract to curb inflammation. Those patients were told to put the herbal patch over their canker sore for 16 hours per day but not to wear the patches while sleeping.
- Symptoms of Xerostomia / Dry Mouth
- Common Causes of Dry Mouth
- Bad Breath / Halitosis Symptoms
- Xylitol & Bad Breath Treatment
- Morning Breath
- Treat Dry Mouth from Diabetes
- Treat Dry Mouth from CPAP Machine Use
- Cancer Treatment and Dry Mouth
- Mouth Sores Treatment & Causes
- Mouth Ulcer Treatment: Q&A